Thursday, August 4, 2011

First impressions and second looks

Anytime I shoot, I come home, upload my pictures, and immediately weed out the ones I hate, and choose my favorites to edit. The rest usually languish in their folder never to be looked at again.

But lately, I've been going through those old shots and giving them a second look. And I've been surprised to find some were better than I initially thought.

This butterfly is a good example. At first glance I thought it was underexposed (fixed!) and the composition was weird. It's not tack sharp, but it's not horrible either. In the end, I like it.

I like the colors. I love the bokeh effect. I like the moment I captured.

tiger swallowtail feeding

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP