Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yesterday's Fun

This past Saturday, my husband and I decided to take the kids to the beach and on the way we planned to stop at the best little toy store in the world. Yesterday's Fun is a store full of memories. Walking in is like walking back into my childhood so it's fun for the whole family.

The best part? It is totally acceptable to touch! Kid heaven!

yesterdays fun anakin
Anakin didn't make it far. Once he found legos and Star Wars, he was happy.
mia checking out toys
And of course Mia loves the dollhouses.

Throughout the store there are bins and shelves and racks of toys-from newer ones still in the package to older, used toys. I'm partial to the used toys myself. I mean, who can resist the Little People section?
classic little people
We told the kids that they each had so much money to spend and sent them off to choose how to spend their money. This of course was worse than torture because how can we expect them to choose? They want it all! LOL
more touching
yesterdays fun please touch
yesterdays fun star wars figures
Mia finally chose a My Little Pony and a Playmobil fairy person. Anakin finally chose a Star Wars figure, a bucket of legos for $3, and he created his own mini figure from a bin of pieces.

What they don't know is that Mommy did a little shopping herself while Dad buckled them into the van. Anakin's big Christmas gift (a Castle Greyskull and some He-Man figures) is safely hidden away with the princess castle we'd already gotten for Mia. ;)

Can't wait for next time!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP