Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Share!



This weeks' theme at Trendy Treehouse is "Share". I quickly realized that my favorite picture featuring sharing is one I took way back of my kids wrapped in the quilt my grandmother made.
wrapped in love
She made one for each of her kids (11 living) using scraps from clothing she wore or made for her kids over the years. My dad's wasn't finished before she passed away so my aunt finished it. When I was 18, my dad gave it to me and I've loved and cherished it ever since. I've even had to repair it a time or two making that three generations to sew on it. :) Truly a labor of love and one that has been shared with multiple generations of my family.

4 comments:

Melanie July 12, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

This is so sweet & simply beautiful! What a cherished keepsake & moment!

Gina Kleinworth July 12, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

What a sweet shot- I love that- perfect for the theme

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It July 13, 2011 at 3:17 PM  

Wow, an amazing photo but an even more amazing story behind it! Love the subdued colors, too.

Thanks for coming by my site to comment on my photo! I do a blog hop on Thursdays where people share things that made them happy, and this definitely qualifies! I hope you'll share it there!
http://rubsomedirtblog.com

Tara July 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM  

Beautiful capture!

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP