Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Independence Day Part 3

So, I might get it all posted some time this century. I keep trying and the kids keep interrupting. LOL

So, after our air conditioned break, we headed out to the carnival.

IMG_0007
As you can see, Mia is still rockin' her silly with the addition of her sparkly headband. ;) I swear, I don't know where she gets it.

We bought tickets and then proceeded to follow the kids around as they went on ride after ride.

The Castle:
IMG_0011
IMG_0014
IMG_0019
Please excuse blurry pics. I wasn't prepared. LOL

From the Castle we headed straight for the bounce house.
IMG_0046
IMG_0075
IMG_0066_1
Can I just say I love the bounce house? I only wish that I could get in it. But really, it only takes one ticket per kid and they just bounce and bounce and bounce until they can barely breathe from laughing so hard and then they slide out all jelly legged and flushed. Awesome.

Once they finally had their wits about them we headed to Mia's favorite, the Carousel.
IMG_0089
IMG_0093
The kids had been wanting to play a game, so that's what they did next. Only I forgot to take pictures because I was too busy laughing at them trying to catch the "fish".

Once they'd each picked their prize--a stuffed and tie-dyed dolphin for Mia and a sea turtle for Anakin--it was time to hit one last ride as it was starting to get dark. Anakin really wanted to go on the dragon coaster and even though Mia got scared last year and got off, she insisted she wanted to ride it. So off they went.
IMG_0151
I was so nervous letting her go, but she rode it. The first couple of go arounds she had her head down and was clutching the bar pretty hard. I was certain she was going to freak any moment. But then her head popped up and she was laughing. It was harder on me than it was her, much like most things. I finally snapped that shot at the end of the ride. You can barely see Mia's curls past Anakin's head.

As Mia came off the ride, she informed us that she was "Brave and tough!" Indeed. LOL

By this point it was time to head back to the van to get comfortable for the fireworks and for me to get my tripod set up (I remembered it this year!)


0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP