Friday, July 9, 2010

Fenwick in the Evening

I love living close to the beach. Living in southern Delaware means that we are close to Ocean City, MD and Fenwick Island, Bethany and Rehobeth Beach all in Delaware.

On Wednesday, Jason called me from work and asked if we wanted to meet him after work to go to the beach for a couple of hours. He works close to Fenwick, so I got the kids ready, packed our bag and was there when he got off work.

When we got to the beach it was perfect. Barely any crowd, cool sand, warm breeze and even the water was much warmer than when we first went a couple of weeks ago.

Mia still loves the water more than any kid I've ever seen. She immediately heads for the water's edge and stays there playing in the waves until we drag her out to go home.
Mia playing
heading out
The tide was high and there was quite an undertow that evening so Jason made Mia stick close and hold his hands.
Mia and Daddy
Daddy dug them a "pool" to splash in.
fun
Anakin doesn't play in the water as much, still choosing to play in the sand and dig for sand crabs.
playing in sandsplash
Mia did come out of the water long enough to lay in the sand and become a mermaid. :)mia mermaid2
Mia Mermaid
My favorite shots of the day:
Amelia
Sandy Anakin

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP