Monday, March 15, 2010

Bundled Up


Wow! It's been ages since I last participated in an I Heart Faces challenge. I mean to every week and then it seems that life comes along and distracts me from posting. I had a great jump picture of Jesse doing a back flip into the pool. I had the perfect hilarious outtake of Anakin making a face at his sister while she smiled sweetly at the camera oblivious to his shenanigans. I had a picture of Amelia's hand grasping her Daddy's tightly as she waded out into the ocean for the first time.

Did you see any of those?

Yeah, no.

Kids got sick, I got sick, there were dishes to wash and laundry to fold and I was barely finding time to post my project 365 pictures let alone take any. And really, it wasn't being fun anymore because I was too worried about not missing a day and not shooting things that made me happy.

So I took a break and now I'm back with this week's challenge, bundled up. This is actually a picture I took last year of Claudia. I had a ton of pics from the blizzard this year, but I couldn't pick one so I decided to go with an old favorite.
Claudiasnow
I love how relaxed she is (she usually freezes up in front of the camera). I love the way her face is framed with the hood and scarf. I love her freckles and the specks of snow on the scarf and fur on the hood and the bright colors. I love how she looks comfortable and warm even though it was absolutely freezing out.

She was all bundled up. :)

10 comments:

Beth March 15, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

Gorgeous - her eyes are what pulled me in. Just visiting from I Heart Faces and your photo struck me.

Anonymous March 15, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

Love it! Her eyes are amazing!!

Pics by Mic March 15, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

Love it! The colors in this pic are amazing! Awesome job!

Michelle Massey Barnes Photography March 15, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

great colors! great eyes!

Jen March 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

LOVE her eyes!! great job!!

Kellie March 16, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

beautiful! i love the colors!

Kate March 16, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Divine! I love it for all the reasons you have listed! Great stuff!

amy March 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

very fun picture. love the bright eyes

Morgan March 16, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

What a lovely shot and a lovely girl!

Carly March 17, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

I love the beautiful lighting and vibrant colors! Great shot!

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP