Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Today I was low on motivation. I really did not want to get out my camera. I didn't care if I took a pic, but my perfectionist heart couldn't let me get away with skipping a day. LOL


I finally decided to post/photograph one of my favorite hobbies.
sewing
I love sewing. I'm mostly self taught beyond the "this is how you thread a machine and sew a straight line" that I learned in middle school. I find sitting behind my sewing machine to be very stress relieving. I love creating things and I very seldom use a pattern. Most of what I sew these days are my kids' Halloween costumes, but I've made other clothes, and blankets, pillows, bags....whatever I find a need to create.

I have a huge stash of material (most of it I got for free off of freecycle) and threads and trims and buttons to inspire me. I love taking what's in my head and creating it from nothing. I love the hum of the machine and the satisfaction I feel when I'm finished. And most of all, I love the back rub I get from my husband after spending hours hunched over my machine. :)
26/365 buttons

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP