Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowy Night

It snowed today. It started snowing early this morning and didn't stop or even slow down much until after the sun set. And since it's a birthday weekend in our house (Ethan's 11th) Jason and I had to run out in it for last minute party and cake supplies. Not how I wanted to spend a cold snowy day, but we got what we needed and came home.

snowing
It was so cold out and snowing so fast that the windshield wipers could barely keep up and the heaters were going full blast trying to keep the snow from freezing immediately.

It was snowing too much to go out with my camera in hand for most of the day so I decided to go on a little walk after the kids went to bed. I didn't last very long as it's very cold but the snow was beautiful. And deep. Well, at least for around here where we're lucky to get two inches of snow at a time. There were times where the snow in drifts came up to my knees almost.

I love the way snow sparkles and icicles form.
lamp glow
I love the way snow makes everything peaceful and quiet.
30/365 quiet night
And then I love it when it melts. LOL

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP