Friday, January 29, 2010

Last Minute

Today was yet another last minute day. I've really found that it's hard for me to find time to get my camera out. Most days I don't think about it until the kids are in bed and I finally get some time to myself. By then it's late and I just want to relax. On top of all that I feel like it's getting a little monotonous.


The good thing is that I really feel like once Spring comes, the lure of getting a picture will get me out of the house more. It'll be a great excuse to go to the park, the zoo and other fun outdoor places. For now, it's cold (barely making it to freezing today) and wet and dreary. I don't do cold.

The bad thing is that Spring is still weeks and weeks away.

Today I finally decided to pull out an object from my past. My first lunch box was a PacMan lunch box and I absolutely adored it. I remember how my sandwich fit perfectly in it, how I would swing it by my side by the handles, how different it was from everyone's plastic lunch boxes. I'm not sure it was ever meant to be used as a lunch box, but that's what I used and I loved it. And eventually lost it.

Years ago when ebay was a new thing I was searching for items from my childhood when I found it. My lunch box. I bid on it immediately and was thrilled to win. Now, every time I see it on the shelf, I smile.
29/365 pacman
pacman2
And to add to things that make me smile:
the Teenager.
He was on the computer, shooting me odd looks out of the corner of his eyes while I photographed my lunch box. I'm sure that he was telling whomever it was he was chatting on facebook with that I was totally weird and crazy. So I turned the camera on him. >:)
ignoring the photographer
I love how he can't totally ignore me but he's trying so hard not to smile. LOL

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP