Monday, January 4, 2010

Back on the Hamster wheel

School was back in session today and all I could think was that I needed an extra vacation day or two to recover from our vacation. I would have loved a day to just catch up on sleep (why is it that I always stay up too late when it's my chance to actually get some sleep?) and I felt like I was running behind all day long.


By the end of the day I realized that I hadn't pulled my camera out at all and had no motivation/inspiration to do so. With no ideas at hand I landed on my socks. I have a thing for skulls and my husband indulges my little quirks so this Christmas I received these socks in my stocking (I also love goofy socks).
socks
They may not be the most stylish things, but they are warm! I also have a pair in pink and black argyle with skulls. LOL

While I was photographing my feet, Jason was at the grocery store picking up some things for me. When he came home, he surprised me with a bunch of flowers. He knew I was having an off day and am really hating all the cold and barren landscapes and when he saw them he had to bring them home to me. They are so cheerful with their bright colors (yay orange!) and I just love gerbera daisies.
<span class=
<span class=
Looking at them makes me antsy for spring so I can fill my flowerbeds again.

Now I'm enjoying a glass of wine and looking forward to my other treat for the night.
cookie dough
Yes, that is chocolate chip cookie dough. I belong to a message board where they were discussing the "merits" of cookie dough vs cake batter. Cookie dough wins for me every time!

2 comments:

Unknown January 5, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

For a minute there my heart stopped and I was afraid you were going to say you had knit those socks LOL. Too many talents :)

Jeanna January 5, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

I only wish I could knit! I'd have tons of crazy socks. LOL I really am an overgrown child.

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP