Monday, December 14, 2009

Sun Conure


This week's theme at I Heart Faces is Pets. Now, having five kids we decided long ago that the kids were animal enough for us, so most of my animal pictures were taken at the zoo or in my yard. We have a small zoo near us that is home to a few animals; flamingos, peacocks and other birds, wolves, bison, otters, a bobcat and a jaguar, some llama, an alligator and a few other assorted animals.

I find that I love to photograph the birds the most. I've always been drawn to their bright feathers, like those of this sun conure.
sun conure

5 comments:

It's The Young's Y'all December 14, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

Oh, he is so cute! I love it! And you are right...kids are animal enough!!! lol

Cassie Ehn December 14, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

Just look at him, he is hamming it up for the photographer! Awesome capture!

Anonymous December 14, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

That is one sassy bird Pretty sure he is waving!

crsmith December 14, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

great color & dof!

Bunch of Barrons December 15, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Great shot...love the color!

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP