Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Bokeh Fun

I've seen this done lots of times on other photography blogs and have always wanted to try it myself. Since my husband had to leave to go out of town yesterday afternoon, I had lots of time to myself after the kids went to bed and decided to have some fun.


It took me a couple of tries to get the star in my filter the right size, but I love how well it worked.
tree stars
tree stars2
And with out the bokeh effect:
tree
And here are instructions if you want to try it too!

Oh, and please do ignore my crooked star on the top of my tree. I never noticed how bad it was until I took the pictures!

1 comments:

Shannon December 7, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Now that is pretty much the coolest thing I've EVER seen! I really do want to try it! Thanks for sharing the secret! :)

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP