Monday, August 3, 2009

Surf and Sun Kind of Summer


Living less than an hour from the beach is wonderful in the summer but we usually only make it a few times a year. Well, this year we've gone nearly every weekend. We fill the cooler with some drinks, pack my huge beach bag with towels, sand toys and snacks and off we go.

I love all the colors of the beach. It reminds me of looking into a kaleidoscope with all the umbrellas dotting the sand.
beach umbrella
Even though she's not even three yet, Amelia usually runs straight for the water and splashes in.
splash
I usually panic a little until Jason goes after her and grabs her hand before she floats away.
splash
Anakin may be two years older but he's much more timid than Mia. Instead he just goes to the edge and sits, letting the water rush over him.
anakin
He then spends the rest of the time digging in the sand, searching for treasures and occasionally playing at the edge of the water.
anakin3
sandtoy2
Eventually, the whole family joins Anakin in the search for tiny clams and sand crabs before heading back into the water for awhile.
group2
This year is the first that Jesse has taken a turn on Jason's boogie board. Jason gave him some pointers and then sent him out into the ocean.
dadandkids
jesse
It took a little while but soon Jesse was getting the hang of things and was riding a few waves in.
boogie boarding
As always, Mia decides that she wants to do it too, and convinces us to let her have a try at boogie boarding.
first waves
Before you know it the kids are starting to tire out and actually sit still for more than five seconds.
anakin and mia
Eventually, we drag Jesse out of the water and start to pack up to go.
waves
We're all covered in sand; Amelia looks like she was swimming in it and not the ocean.
amelia
We wrap up in towels,
surfed out
take one last look,
beach
and go, discussing what's for dinner on the way home.
I'm thinking....burgers on the grill?
grilling

This blog was inspired by the challenge at http://www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com/
This is my first time participating in the challenge and I look forward to participating again.

7 comments:

A "cheery" disposition August 4, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

such great pictures.

DonnaS August 4, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

Wonderful pictures, I love the story you told to go along with them as well :)

shykulasa August 5, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

lovely pictures, your family looks very happy!

i shared my summer stories too, if u have time i hope u can visit :)

Shannon August 5, 2009 at 12:46 AM  

WOW! YOUR pictures of your summer at the beach are very inspiring! GORGEOUS, in fact! You have a beautiful family and it looks like a lil' fearless 3 year old! :)

Mag Mom August 5, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Beautiful pictures! It is great living close to a beach.

Christal August 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Love the pictures.. the colors were so vivid and fun! I love the story too. What it would be to live by the ocean....
thanks for stopping by my blog too, appreciate the comments

thekreativelife August 5, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

What a gorgeous set of beach shots! LOVE how you captured all those aspects of Summer in one outting. You have a beautiful family.

Thanks so much for visiting my own blog! (I'm glad I'm not the only one who has taught their children the "bad habit" of drinking from the cereal bowl. hee hee)

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP