Monday, August 3, 2009

Let's start at the very beginning...

a very good place to start. [/bad singing].


OK, that's enough of that. It's bad enough that I begin blogging with the idea that anyone would actually want to read about my life and interests without expecting you to put up with my singing too.

Anyway. About a year and a half ago I was introduced to digital scrapbooking. I'd never paper scrapped, so I was new to scrapbooking overall. I quickly became addicted and have enjoyed creating pages of my kids, memories of my childhood and special moments with my family. I love being able to purchase a kit and reuse the papers and elements over an over without extra cost. I love being able to upload my pages to sites like shutterfly and snapfish and have books printed to keep or give as gifts.

Of course, in order to scrapbook I need pictures. Lots and lots of pictures, which is where my first love comes in. Photography. I was in fifth grade when I was given my first 35mm camera, and I burned through hundreds of rolls of film in all the years I used it.

When I was pregnant with my second child, Anakin, I got my first digital camera; a point and shoot Canon. My love for photography was not only renewed it was intensified. I receieved my DSLR for Christmas 2007, and it's opened up a whole new world.

Now, I spend hours pouring through countless websites and books trying to learn everything I can. Photography is my passion, and I hope one day to make it my career.

So now I begin this blog to share my photography and my scrapbooking and probably my life, too. Thanks for reading. :)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP