Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Newborn Photography

Last Friday, I had a chance to try some newborn photography. It wasn't until my babies were much older that I started getting serious with photography so I've never tried to take more than a snapshot of a little baby. Luckily, a girl I went to high school with was kind enough to allow me to come over and take some shots for practice.

He was the sweetest baby, and very alert. I was only able to get a couple of sleepy shots of him, mostly when I was checking my settings and the light. lol He was oh, so calm and good-natured though, and I got a few shots that I am happy with.

I also got some shots that I ended up not liking and no good full body shots. I'm not too disappointed, though because I definitely learned a lot from the experience and feel much more confident than I did at the beginning of the day. And really, learning was what it was all about. :)

I'm still editing and making decisions on the shots that I did get before he got hungry, but thought I'd share some that I've already done.

One of the shots I got while checking my settings.
1 soft edit
4 B&W
This was taken when he was starting to get fussy. He had a bright turquoise pacifier in his mouth that shows a bit in the color version. The B&W hides it nicely. :)

5 soft

2 comments:

Unknown August 2, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

He is beautiful. I love little babies. Love. Love. LOVE them!

brooke August 24, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

I love how you used all the white empty space. Looks really good. I might have to steal this pose next time I do a baby photo shoot.

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP