Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day

The kids and I woke up to a light blanket of snow on the ground and school cancelled. While it's not the first time it snowed this winter, it is the first time it was really able to be played in. (The first snow was alternated layers of ice and slush.)


After dressing the kids in layer after layer of clothes (we don't get enough snow to justify the purchase of snow suits) we headed out.

Anakin couldn't decide between making snowballs
anakin
snowball fight
or snow angels.

snow angel
They also started building some mini snowmen but decided to stomp them before I could get pictures.

Anakin also tried to catch snowflakes on his tongue while Claudia pretty much ran from the camera every chance she got.
catching snowflakes
At one point I was distracted by some snowy holly berries
holly berries
I can't decide if I like it more with or without the added texture.
holly berries texture
I knew it was time to go inside when I had to yell out a worried "No!" to Mia when I noticed her trying to stick her tongue to the metal pole of the clothes line. Too much "A Christmas Story" I think. She was, however, very upset that I stopped her (leaving me with the only two OK shots that I got of her).
sad mia2
sad mia
My favorite shot of the day:
anakin eyes
And the shot that could have been:
overexposure
I completely forgot to adjust back my settings from taking pictures of the berries and greatly overexposed the best shots I got of Mia all day. I still loved her eyes in this shot so couldn't resist playing with it a bit and coming up with this extreme. :)

1 comments:

Kathy January 14, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Great photos! How are you able to post them so big?

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP