Monday, September 21, 2009

In the Moment


On Independence Day, my family and I spent the whole day in Laurel. We enjoyed the live entertainment and talent show, walked through the car show, Jesse participated in the pie eating contest and the little ones got pony rides. We ate hot dogs and Italian ices, rode rides at the carnival, tried to win a goldfish (and lost) and enjoyed a great fireworks show at the end of the day.

Of course I spent the day taking pictures (and video) of all the events. It was in a quiet moment when we were all sitting in the park after having eaten lunch that Amelia reached over to her daddy to give him a kiss.

daddy's girl

I love this picture so much that I used it for my masthead and when this week's challenge for I Heart Faces was completely candid I kept coming back to it. I have tons of candid moments that I've caught over the years, but nothing that makes my heart smile like Daddy's little girl.

18 comments:

Jocelyn September 21, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

What a very sweet moment you captured.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Runningamuck September 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

Wow! So much to look at! Love her hands cupping his face, the reflection of her in his glasses, her soft, long lashes in contrast to his rough scruffy face... beautiful!

Indy Cookie September 21, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

Wonderful capture! One of my favorites - those little hands just kill me!

Anonymous September 21, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

Very Cute photo!

Jessica Marie September 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

This is soooooooooooooo CUTE and ADORABLE! :)

Ali September 21, 2009 at 8:05 PM  

How sweet! I love this! I have an Amelia too!

Melissa September 21, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

What an amazing capture!! I can see why you keep going back to it. There are so many details, textures, and so much emotion. Bravo!

Linda (aka granspics) September 21, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

Great shot! One you'll love forever!

Foursons September 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

It is a great shot! I don't blame you for using it for your header and entry this week. Love it!

Unknown September 21, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

awww adorable!

crsmith September 21, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

a fabulous shot! captures everything that's important!

Melinda September 21, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

So sweet. I love how her closed eyes are reflected in the sunglasses. Beautiful job!!

K. September 21, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

As soon as I saw this, I immediately found myself saying "Awwww!"... it's so adorable!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles September 22, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

this is just too sweet!

Katarina September 22, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

So very very sweet!
Thanks for stopping by my blog btw.

Garynation September 22, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

Love that picture! Perfect capture!

Sarah September 22, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

Beautiful! I love the reflection of her face in her Daddy's sunglasses. Her hands on his face are just too precious, too! Just absolutely lovely, what a great picture.

Bunch of Barrons September 22, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Aw...love this shot! :)

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP