Monday, August 10, 2009

Getting Noticed


I love going to the zoo and so do my kids. Luckily we have a small zoo close to us that we go to multiple times a year. Usually when the weather first starts turning in the spring, I start getting antsy to go and this year was no different. Of course, I make sure I have my camera with me because I love taking pictures of the animals. Sure, it's the same animals every time we go, but you never know what they're going to be doing and this last trip was a great example.

We have a few peacocks at the zoo and I love sitting and watching them and hoping that they will display their beautiful feathers. This time, though, one was also being very vocal trying to get noticed by the peahens. I spent a while just sitting there watching him until I was finally able to get the picture I wanted and since this week's I Heart Faces challenge included Pets or animals, I knew I had to enter it. It also fits the challenge of funny or silly faces.

peacock

Now if I can just choose which human face I'd like to share. :)

6 comments:

Shannon August 10, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

this DOES fit in both categories! I LOVE watching these guys, too! They are so much fun!

Alice August 10, 2009 at 6:22 PM  

hey! look! he's making a crazy face! i must be at i ♥ faces - lol! just kidding - great photo - great capture :O)

i have my shot posted also. feel free to come on over and visit anytime :O).

Kelli August 10, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

What a great shot! So fun!
:) Kelli

Ginna August 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

Wow, gorgeous! I love the colors.

B August 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

The colors in this pic are amazing!!! Truly a pic to be proud of.....

Oh, and yes, it is a bunny in my post. :o)

TinaJewel August 15, 2009 at 3:49 AM  

this is good, i can almost hear him "heeelp" our neighbor has these and they keep me up some nights. they used to scare our oldest, until we saw one on the fence and it squalked and she knew mom was telling the truth. ha, kids, right?
have a good week

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP