Monday, August 17, 2009

Geppi's Entertainment Museum

So Saturday before we went to the airport to pick up Claudia we went to Geppi's as I discussed in my previous post. When we arrived we found out it was a game day meaning that everyone 5 and over got in for a dollar. Much better than the $27 we were expecting!

We spent an hour there and even though we went through all the rooms, I'm sure we missed things as it was hard to choose what to look at first. So much so that even though I took nearly two hundred pictures, I missed more than that and have only uploaded 15 to share.

The first room we went into was the comic book room. All the walls were covered in cases holding more comic books than you could imagine. There were comic books of every kind, from the typical superheros to ones featuring the Three Stooges.

<span class=


Jason was especially excited to see the copy of Action Comics #1; the first issue introducing Superman.

<span class=

I love seeing the old advertisements for products such as Coca Cola and for movies. There were movie posters displayed up and down the main hallway and in many of the rooms.

<span class=

<span class=

Gone With the Wind has long been one of my favorite movies so I loved seeing this old paint book. Vivienne Leigh was beyond beautiful.

<span class=

And of course Jason and Anakin were thrilled to see all the Star Wars items.


<span class=

<span class=

Also displayed was concept art by Ralph McQuarrie from the first trilogy.

<span class=

<span class=

I think one of my favorite items was from the All American Girls Baseball League.

<span class=

And what about Charles Lindbergh, or my mom's favorite Felix the Cat?

geppi9

And the Beatles? Who doesn't love the Beatles?

<span class=

Jason was even inspired to strike a pose by the Woodstock poster.

<span class=

While I fondly remembered sixth grade and my love for NKOTB. Never mind that I own those dolls sans boxes of course. LOL

<span class=

And who can beat this autographed poster of many of America's favorite characters?

<span class=

In the end we spent a little more than an hour there and had an enjoyable time. It was fun for us all and the price couldn't be beat. Especially for a place that was so nicely cared for. I don't think I've ever seen a cleaner public restroom!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP