Sunday, August 21, 2011

Meet My Litle Friend

So this week at I Heart Faces is pet week. We don't really have a pet unless you count the stray cat who has adopted us but isn't into being cute or posing for pictures. Mostly she just wants you to give her food or she'll try to trip you coming down the front steps.

I do however, love animals. I love going to the zoo and shooting. The birds are big favorites of mine. And I love insects. Ladybugs, and grasshoppers, bees and butterflies. I've showcased them all a time or two here. Ooh! Or there's Assateague and the wild ponies! I love those too.

So. You can imagine my difficulty in choosing a picture to share for this week's challenge. I finally decided on a shot from this afternoon. I really couldn't resist. I love the colors and the bokeh. I only wish he wasn't so shy and would have shown his face more. He's a beauty, though.

Enjoy!

feasting
Cue the hate mail. ;) (The brave may click for a larger view.)

Oh, and just in case you're wondering. He was in the middle of lunch and was less than thrilled with my taking his picture at such an inopportune moment. He did not eat my face though. And he cleans up after himself, so bonus!!

16 comments:

Rachelle August 22, 2011 at 12:31 AM  

spiders! I LOVE taking their portraits, though today I rescued one's dinner from the web... Beautifully captured. What MM is your macro?

Anonymous August 22, 2011 at 12:40 AM  

This is really a beautiful photo. This would have taken any photo in the "insect" division at our local fair (Idaho) so great job! Mary

Unknown August 22, 2011 at 1:04 AM  

I would be lying if I didn't say I screamed a second. EEEK! : ) Gorgeous shot though.

Jeanna August 22, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

Rachelle, I just used my 70-300 with macro function. I bought it awhile back when I was just starting out and have never bought a regular macro lens even though I'd love one. There's just too many goodies on my wish list!

Mia Patrice August 22, 2011 at 8:59 AM  

Totally freaked out BUT great shot!! The detail is AMAZING...just beautiful.

Anonymous August 22, 2011 at 12:15 PM  

beautiful detail! Great shot :-)

Julie Rivera August 22, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

The light truly is wonderful! And the detail...oh my! What lens were you using?

Rachel @ Simple Girl August 22, 2011 at 1:36 PM  

Wow! Love the clarity and the spider web!

Michelle August 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Michele August 22, 2011 at 5:54 PM  

Wow - amazing shot! I loathe spiders but you make them look pretty!

Christina August 22, 2011 at 6:46 PM  

Fabulous shot! Love it!

Teachinfourth August 22, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

Ugh...

Not my favorite insect in the world, but a nice photo.

Potpie August 22, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

Great shot!

Tracy August 23, 2011 at 4:14 AM  

The picture is beautiful even if it is of a creepy spider ;)

backcountrybelle August 23, 2011 at 12:01 PM  

Beautiful shot, though I like pets that wear collars, it's a phenomenal picture! Great JOB.

Adrienne Zwart August 24, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

Wow! I do like to watch spiders when they are outside and I have had a chance to spot them before colliding with a web. Amazing clarity!

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP