Monday, June 27, 2011

The Ugly House

So, I mentioned that we bought and have been renovating a house. What I didn't mention is that we bought the world's saddest and ugliest house. Seriously. The first time we walked through it we walked out saying that you couldn't pay us enough money to enter it again.

It was dirty, and ugly and run down and so sadly out of date that the wallpaper hurt your eyes. (Just wait! I have photographic proof! LOL) Oh, and did I mention that it is yellow? Not cream. Yellow.

<span class=

<span class=
Or that not all the shingles match?

<span class=

I could almost live with the paler color. And I don't believe that the pictures do the bright nature of the yellow justice. Seriously, I don't have anything against the color yellow, but just not for houses. Obviously, that is on our list of things to do, but we still haven't come to an agreement on color. So for now...it's yellow.

We do have this however.

<span class=

My husband is a mechanic and a car guy. This garage is what made us walk back into the house for a second look. LOL The house is old, yes. It needed work and a major facelift. But it was solid, the roof was good, it's almost twice the size (even being small house) than where we're living now and it has a yard and that garage and a big field behind it.

So we bought it.

Best decision ever. More than the house, the neighbors make it wonderful. Our one neighbor has just been fantastic and is always the first one to lend a hand or to keep an eye out for things. The rest of the neighbors are kind and friendly and I can't wait to finish so we can move in.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM that loves photography. My kids are my main models but they're on to me and have started running in the opposite direction of me and my camera. Well, all but the youngest. She's a ham. To compensate I take pictures of just about everything else from flowers and bugs, to landscapes and anything else that will sit still. And I share it all here because I might as well do something with it. :)

OWP badge
ShutterLoveTopTen

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP